It illustrates Christ´s burial and resurrection
- "Christ died for our sins… He was buried… and He rose again.” -I Corinthians 15:3-4
- "For when you were baptized, you were buried with Christ, and in baptism you were also raised with Christ." -Colossians 2:12
It illustrates my new life as a Christian.
- "When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. The old life has passed away and a new life has begun!” -2 Corinthians 5:17
- "By our baptism then, we were buried with Him and shared His death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead… so also we may live a new life!" -Romans 6:4
Baptism does not "save" you, your faith in Christ does that. Baptism doesn’t make you a believer - it shows to others that you already believe. Baptism is like a wedding ring - it´s the outward symbol of the commitment you make in your heart.
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith… it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." -Ephesians 2:8,9